We are at the cabin for the week. One great recipe to feed a crowd is the egg strata bake. Super yummy and easy to prepare the night before. Just pop it in the oven in the morning while drinking coffee.
Egg Strata Bake
Cabin food...super easy breakfast for a crowd.
- 1 large loaf English muffin bread
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 lb of cooked sausage, 2 cups diced ham or 1 lb of crumbled bacon
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 10 eggs
- 1½ cups cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spray 13x9 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread butter on one side of bread slices and place buttered side up in baking dish. Layer bread with Swiss cheese,meat of your choice and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle evenly with parsley, dill weed,mustard salt and pepper. Cover with another layer of buttered bread, butter side up.
- Combine milk and eggs. Whisk for 30 seconds. Pour mixture over bread. Cover and refridgerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 265 degrees. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove fro over and uncover. Increase temp to 350 degrees.
- Mix together crushed cornflakes and butter. Spread mixture on top layer of bread. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.