New Recipe today. There is not much to say besides these are about the best bars I have ever tasted.
Try them, you will not regret it, you may regret the exercise you will need to do to not feel guilty though!
Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
Recipe type: Bars
A flavorful combination of toffee bits, sugar and chocolate.
- 2⅓ cups flour
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 can sweetened and condensed milk
- 1¾ (10 oz bag) of toffee bits
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9x2 pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until it resembles course crumbs.
- Add egg and mix well. Stir in 1½ cups of chocolate chips, Reserve 1½ cups of mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of greased pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Immediately pour sweetened and condensed milk evenly over hot crust and top with 1½ cups of toffee bits. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining ½ cups of chocolate chips over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of toffee bits.
- Let cool and cut into bars.