We spent 3 fun filled days pheasant hunting in South Dakota. One of my favorite dinners to make when we return are these Fried Pheasant Fingers. We dip them in Honey Mustard, BBQ or Ranch dressing.
I find the coating on these is perfect!
Fried Pheasant Recipe
A simple easy recipe to make pheasant.
- 2 pounds pheasant breast, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- seasoned salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup dry potato flakes
- ½ package of buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat fryer to 375 to 400 degrees. Or I used a fry pan with about 2 inches of peanut oil.
- Slice the pheasant breast into long strips.
- Sprinkle the pheasant breast with meat tenderizer. In a medium bowl, combine flour, seasonings, salt, pepper, potato flakes, and crushed cracker crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk and egg and whisk together. Dip the pheasant strips into the mixture then dredge each strip in the flour mixture and transfer to the oil.
- Fry until golden brown, normally about 3-4 minutes.