We are stuck in a winter rut. Blizzard warnings again today, wind so cold it is hard to be outside. We are leaving Minnesota on Saturday and visiting the Grand Canyon during the kids spring break.
I can hardly stand it anymore, we have had the longest winter ever.
So, since we are leaving, I don’t want to many fresh groceries in the fridge. I have lots of frozen foods, but nothing real quick. I took two different recipes and put together this creamy sausage noodle casserole. I was pleasantly surprised by the sauce. Both kids asked for two servings.
The sauce is creamy, tangy and just a tad bit spicy. Totally enjoyable.
Stay tuned to our site www.thetravelingfour.com to see the traveling pics all next week. Should be fun and a nice relaxing trip.
- 5 Italian Sausage Brats
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- Cooked Egg Noodles
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Slice sausage into 8 -10 pieces, brown until crispy in a large stove top pan. I sprayed the pan with cooking spray so they did not stick.
- While the sausage is frying away, cook the egg noodles as directed on package.
- When the sausage is cooked, add the minced garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, spaghetti sauce and salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the egg noodles, combine with a wooded spoon and serve.